disney cruise line
SET SAIL FOR A WORLD-CLASS FAMILY HOLIDAY
On a Disney cruise, there is something for everyone: relaxing "me" time for the adults, imaginative fun for the kids and exciting family time for all. Every voyage includes the attention to detail and world-class hospitality.
All sorts of dreams are about to come true. That's what a Disney cruise is all about - making magic happen for everyone who sails, while bringing you the special kind of enchantment that only Disney can create.
Each voyage is filled with wonders for everyone of every age. Imagine strolling the shores of our private island paradise, Disney's Castaway Cay. Sharing time with favourite Disney Characters. And thrilling fireworks that sparkle in the sky as music and laughter roll across the sea. This is clearly the beginning of something wonderful. And these are just a few of the things that only happen on a Disney cruise. We can't wait to share all the enchantment with you.
The Ultimate Day at Sea for Star Wars Fans Returns to Disney Cruise Line in Early 2017 with 15 Sailings
Returning in early 2017, Disney Cruise Line guests can celebrate the legendary adventures and iconic characters from the Star Wars saga during Star Wars Day at Sea. New in 2017, the Disney Fantasy special sailings expand to both eastern and western Caribbean itineraries and nearly double in number to 15 cruises — up from eight in 2016. During this day-long celebration, Star Wars Day at Sea combines the power of the Force and the magic of Disney for an out-of-this-galaxy cruise experience unlike any other.
“Our guests keep telling us that Star Wars Day at Sea is an experience they’ll never forget, that it’s a thrill of intergalactic proportions,” said Karl L. Holz, president of Disney Cruise Line. “In response to guest demand, we’re pleased to create even more Star Wars memories aboard the Disney Fantasy in 2017 with an expanded schedule of these special sailings. Clearly, the Force is alive and well on the high seas!”
Each sailing features a full day of dark side and light side fun, including official appearances of Star Wars characters, a deck party and fireworks, Star Wars-themed family and youth activities, at-sea screenings of Star Wars films, unique food and beverage offerings, and special merchandise.
Throughout the day, Star Wars Younglings, Padawans and Jedi Masters alike can enjoy the immersive, intergalactic entertainment, including:
Force-filled Fun for Everyone
- Characters from across the Star Wars galaxy are onboard for interactions, photos and also may be seen patrolling the decks.
- Kids and families enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, putting their knowledge of the film and television sagas to the test.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their costumes and participate in the costume celebration held in the ship’s atrium.
Younglings Use Their Power
- In “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple,” Force-sensitive children learn the ways of the Jedi and use their new-found skills in a final face off with Darth Vader.
- Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities are offered throughout the day in Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab youth clubs.
Star Wars Deck Party and Fireworks
- An exciting evening blasts off with a deck party filled with music, a galactic dance party and the arrival of Star Wars characters on the deck stage.
- The grand finale is a spectacular display of pyrotechnics, lighting and sound effects set to a medley of Star Wars
Merchandise, Food and Beverage
- Event merchandise exclusive to Star Wars Day at Sea is available on each sailing, including a range of collectible items, apparel and trading pins.
- Specialty Star Wars-themed beverages, including non-alcoholic offerings, as well as snacks, dinner menu items and desserts, please the palates of everyone from Padawans to rebel pilots to Tusken Raiders.
Disney Cruise Line Offers Families a Chance to See the World and Explore Magnificent New Destinations in summer 2018
In summer 2018, Disney Cruise Line takes guests on a grand tour of Europe with visits to the Mediterranean, northern Europe, Norway and Iceland. Disney Cruise Line will also sail on new itineraries and to new ports, including first-time visits to destinations in Italy and Ireland. Plus, adventures continue with sailings to Alaska, the Caribbean and the Bahamas.
More details on 2018 itineraries can be found on Ports and Itineraries for 2018
New sailings: Europe from Rome, Barcelona, Dover and Copenhagen
The Disney Magic’s tour of Europe starts on 13th May 2018 with the last sail date being 16th September 2018.
‘Beauty and the Beast’ to Become a Brand-New Stage Spectacular Aboard Disney Cruise Line’
“Beauty and the Beast” will debut during the Disney Dream voyage departing Nov. 6, 2017, joining an incredible lineup of Broadway-style stage productions aboard the ship, including “The Golden Mickeys” and “Disney’s Believe.”
“Beauty and the Beast” aboard the Disney Dream will bring the timeless fable to life like never before, featuring a style of theater that interlaces classic storytelling elements with cutting-edge technology, to create a unique, theatrical experience in the 1,340-seat Walt Disney Theatre. An innovative take on the story will transform renowned songs into spectacular, show-stopping numbers, and lavish costumes and puppetry will bring a fresh perspective to beloved characters.
Disney Wonder Dry Dock Enhancements
This Autumn, the Disney Wonder will undergo a dry dock in Cadiz, Spain from 9th September - 23rd October 2016! After the dry dock, a wave of enhancements to the Disney Wonder will debut beginning on 10th November 2016 for voyages from Galveston, Texas to the Bahamas and Caribbean.
Throughout the Disney Wonder, some of the new and enhanced areas will include:
- Marvel Super Hero Academy coming to Disney’s Oceaneer Club
- Tiana's Place Restaurant, which will replace Parrot Cay
- After Hours – a new adult district featuring an English pub, an all-new night club and a shiny new model of the popular Cadillac Lounge
- A reimagined and relaxing Senses Spa & Salon and a new Chill Teen Spa
- Animator’s Palate main dining restaurant updated to introduce the popular “Drawn to Magic” and “Animation Magic” dinner shows
- D Lounge for family games and entertainment
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique providing magical makeovers for children
- Edge club for tweens
- Cabanas casual dining location
- Palo specialty restaurant makeover with Venetian-inspired décor
- Twist ‘n’ Spout water slide offering splashtacular fun
- Dory’s Reef splash zone providing fanciful water play for toddlers
- AquaLab, a pool and interactive water play area for kids and families
Mickey’s Mouse-querade Party Schedule
Mickey’s Mouse-querade Party is a not so scary scare-a-bration featured during the Halloween on the High Seas sailings that will cause Guests to “shiver with delight” as they play ghoulish games, trick-or-treat, and dance with some of their favorite Disney Pals in their Halloween attire.
Youth Activities Open House
During each sailing, Guests will have multiple opportunities to attend the Youth Activities Open House.
The Open House is an opportunity for Guests to come and participate in a variety of activities in the Youth Club areas as a family.
The following are details regarding Open House events at the Oceaneer Club, Oceaneer Lab, Edge, and Vibe:
- All Guests will be encouraged to attend any number of 'Open House' events in the Oceaneer Club, Oceaneer Lab, Edge or Vibe during the cruise.
- All Open House times will be advertised in the Personal Navigator each day.
- The Open House is not a secured operation and any Guest can come and go as they please.
- In the Oceaneer Club or Oceaneer Lab, structured activities will be offered in a secure setting during Open House time to help provide options for Guests who are unable to attend these activities with their child.
- For example: a secured youth activities option will always be available in the venue opposite the Open House (ex: Open House in the Club and secured activities in the Lab).
- In Edge and Vibe, all venue features will be available during Open House such as gaming systems, arts/crafts, games and other venue-specific technology features.
As a reminder, Guests over the age of 17 who have special needs or are in special circumstances are welcome to visit the Oceaneer Club, Oceaneer Lab, Edge or Vibe with a family member during Open House times. In addition, there are a variety of family events taking place throughout the ship that everyone can enjoy.
Update: Lifeguards Onboard
Disney Cruise Line, we continually evaluate our practices and make changes as
Lifeguards have recently been added to the Mickey pools on the Disney Fantasy and the Disney Dream, as well as the Aqua Lab on the Disney Magic. The Mickey pool on the Disney Wonder will have a lifeguard in the near future. This is in addition to lifeguards at the family pools on all ships.
The following is additional information regarding the family and Mickey pools onboard:
- Guests should check their Personal Navigator for pool operating hours once onboard.
- The pools are covered during non-operating hours.
Information can be found under Vessels/Destinations > Select a Ship > Sports and Recreation > Select a Pool Location > Policies and Procedures > Restrictions > Lifeguards Onboard.
Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney World
+44 (0)2082 221847
Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney World
+44 20 8222-1073
Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney World
+44 20 8222-1073
Disney Cruise Line
3 Queen Caroline
London, W6 9PE
+44 (0)8000 283179 (Booking Reservations)
Key sailing dates to look out for which fall during most UK School holidays
- 7 night Mediterranean Cruise embarking on 26th May 2018 from Barcelona and disembarking at Barcelona. *During Half Term*
- 7 night Fjords & Baltic on 26th August 2018 round-trip from Dover. *During summer holidays*